I have never done one of these, but with this deck I really wanted to. This is the Naked Heart Tarot by Jillian C. Wilde. I used the layout and position meanings from Katey Flowers, it hits all the points I’m interested in.
- What are you here to teach me? Hilariously I got the same card Katey did in her sample interview on her blog, but I got a very different message from the card. I felt very strongly that it was saying it’s here to help ground me, keep me steady, and guide me.
- How do you see yourself? My guide to my inner landscape, here to teach me to trust my intuition, go with the flow.
- How do you see me? A survivor, someone who’s had battles to fight and won them.
- How can I best work with you? In joy and openness. This will be a happy partnership.
- What are your strengths as a deck? Bringing messages of support and love, assisting creativity.
- What are your limitations or weaknesses? Being only the messenger, showing the changes to come, but can’t do the work for me.
- What is the potential of our working relationship? Things could get crazy, but we’re going to fight this battle together.
This is a deck that I only heard of recently (I have the 2nd edition, and the creator is getting ready to print a 3rd) but was immediately drawn to the artwork, and I think this will be a very productive partnership. I had feared it was lost in the mail, but lo and behold it arrived on Valentine’s Day, which I thought was interesting. As of this writing, there appear to still be some 2nd edition decks available.
The cards are very sturdy on good stock, 360gsm, with satin matte finish. Really lovely. The box is a two-piece box with lift-off lid, sturdy and has a pull ribbon inside. Thank heavens for indie deck creators putting out these amazing decks.
Do you do new deck interviews?